University of Washington
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Embedded Systems focus
Graduated June 2010
Languages and Programming
Systems and Software
Linux and Windows administration, SQL Server, MySQL, Apache, Tomcat, JUnit, Subversion, Git
Programming in Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, AI, Digital Design, Microprocessor Systems, Computer Oragnization, Technical Communication, Multivariable Calculus, Matrix Algebra, Statistics
(February 2015 - present)
- Cloud team
- Contributed to upkeep of patches and operations on Node.js/Heroku legacy web app service and back end interface
- Designed replacement system components in typescript with a refined focus on MVC architecture and testing
- See http://mylio.com/
Amazon Web Services
Software Development Engineer
(February 2012 - June 2014)
- Usage metering team
- Managed development, testing and deployment of the replacement for a system growing exponentially in traffic.
- Collaborated with overseas partner teams online and over the phone in order to gather requirements and close issues.
- See http://aws.amazon.com/
(January 2011 - October 2011)
- Developed new XUnit-based testing for RFID reader platform firmware using Maven and Perl.
- Created internal tools in Perl and SQL.
- See http://www.impinj.com
The RFID Ecosystem Project
Undergraduate Research Assistant
(June 2008 - June 2010)
- Worked with Professor Magdalena Balazinska and Professor Gaetano Borriello
- Built applications and infrastructure for context-aware computing using a building-scale RFID system.
- Extensive benchmarking of RFID tags, readers and other equipment.
- Developed privacy-sensitive geolocation enabled micro-blogging application (Firefox/Twitter plug-in).
- Developed Facebook game that allows friends to compete and compare activities (as extracted from RFID).
- Rapid prototyping of context-aware and real-time web 2.0 applications using Google Web Toolkit
- See http://rfid.cs.washington.edu/
Rainy Dawg Internet Radio
(October 2007 - June 2010)
- Managed a Linux domain that serves web pages, encodes and streams media and provides security
- Managed a Windows domain for employees using Samba
- Extensive maintenance and troubleshooting of studio equipment
- Maintained and improved intranet communication and management tools in PHP
- See http://www.rainydawg.org/
Rfidder: A Friend Finder for an RFID World
G. Cole, A. Sun, E. Welbourne, S. Raymer
Poster presented at UW CSE Industrial Affiliates, Oct, 2008.
Building the Internet of Things Using RFID:
The RFID Ecosystem Experience .
E. Welbourne, L. Battle, G. Cole, K. Gould, K. Rector, S. Raymer, M. Balazinska, G. Boriello
Article for IEEE Internet Computing, May/June 2009.